What's all this, then?
If you judge a person by their LinkedIn profile or resumé, then you're probably not going to like me very much. Mostly, because I've done a number of rather curious things. Here's a highlights reel of sorts:
- In 2017, I co-founded LifeFolder, a company trying to encourage people to plan for end of life.
- In 2011, I founded Triggertrap, creating a hardware/software solution for photographers wanting to trigger their cameras in creative and interesting ways.
- I've written a ton of books, mostly about photography.
- I founded the Photocritic photography school, a free newsletter-based photo school.
- I wrote for TechCrunch for a bit.
- I'm occasionally on stages, speaking somewhat coherently about awesome things in the world of technology.
- I write. A lot. Usually about startups, sometimes about customer service, occasionally about photography.